Monday, March 14, 2011

Chili Dogs



When I was young, chili dogs were my favorite food.  I didn't even have to think about it when someone asked me the question.  On my birthday, my parents used to take me to King's, a restaurant that served foot-long chili dogs.  Heaven!  (That restaurant is now a Perkins.  They do not have chili dogs--let alone veg chili dogs.)

Buns out of the oven
So I had some leftover homemade veg chili I made the other day--really good, with black beans, zucchini chunks, sweet potato, lots of spice--and I had delicious apple sage sausages.  All I needed was the buns, so I whipped up these lovely creatures using half King Arthur's Bread Flour and half whole wheat pastry flour.  They were a bit too big so I had to trim them down for chili dog size, but they were fresh and so delicious.  Even better than I remember!

Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment