Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hells Yeah Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies

Emmett...you will spoil your dinner!
Now that Thanksgiving is over, and Christmas is next, and I'm sitting here at my desk looking out the window at actual SNOW, I have a hankering for cookies.  Peanut butter cookies.  My 12 year old son Emmett gave me the idea the other day, when he said, "Mom, will you make peanut butter cookies?" 

Hells yeah.

So I looked around and found these, on the Hell Yeah It's Vegan website.   Thanks Claryn!  I don't know you, but I like you already. 


First, I prepared my mise en place. Because I'm fancy like that.  The only thing I did differently from the recipe was to use some light coconut milk I happened to have leftover, instead of the soy milk. 


I mixed it up in my KitchenAid stand mixer (LOVE), formed the dough into balls, and then on a whim, rolled each dough ball in Florida Crystals before putting on the cookie sheet and making the old-school fork marks.  (Because it's the secret code for peanut butter cookies.)  I admit to eating some of the dough--but if I hadn't, it would have made more than two dozen cookies, and I only have two cookie sheets.  And two dozen peanut butter cookies should be enough for anyone.

Here they are, ready to put in the oven:


And here they are, all baked and delicious.  Chewy, soft in the middle, as promised.  I even baked them a little longer than stated, and they were still perfectly textured.  As you can see, between oven and plate, I now have far fewer than two dozen remaining.  Because we are all naughty cookie-snatching dinner spoilers.  All of us!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, the Hell Yeah site is down. Do you happen to have the recipe? I made them once and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have it either--I made it directly from that site. I hope it comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this, based on that recipe but without the egg-replacer: http://micahludeke.blogspot.com/2011/10/classic-peanut-butter-cookies.html

    Maybe that will help--good luck!

    ReplyDelete