Wednesday, May 7, 2008

B.L.T. (sort of)


Last night, I balanced in Dancer's Pose longer than I ever had before. I went into a headstand (no wall) by lifting both feet up at the same time. I also ate a little bit of pork (along with chipotle red beans and brown rice, a big spinach salad, and a Stella Artois). I don't think there is a connection, necessarily, between my increasing yogic balance and strength, and the occasional consumption of animals. Maybe it even works against me, but I'm not so sure about that. In any case, the pork was from a local farm. I looked right at it and reminded myself that an animal died to provide me with the meal. It tasted very good. I was grateful.

But this morning, although I did have a little goat's milk (from neighboring Missouri's Heartland Creamery) in my coffee--I like my coffee gamey--the rest of my breakfast contained no animal products. I toasted a whole wheat English muffin and topped it with leftover tempeh bacon (I used the Vegan with a Vengeance recipe), fresh spinach, and a slice of tomato, with just a little soy mayo to hold it all together.

Mighty tasty.

Try this in coffee. Or make cajeta (goat milk caramel) with it, using Rick Bayless's recipe. That's great in coffee, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment